- Label Artists
- Resident DJs
- Past Artists
- Remix Artists
- Contact us
Catalog #: IFM-017
Release Date: 04-20-2012
Format: Digital Download
1) Halo Refuser - The Lookout
2) Sulli - Mercury Rising Dub
3) Longwalkshortdock- Keep It Round ([a]pendics.shuffle’s Return to For Never remix)
4) Spon.10.80 - Magic Spell
5) William S. Braintree - For My Electric Sheep
6) Stridah - Sentimentalist Acid
7) Brian Oblivion - Subterranean Crystal City
The third time’s a charm with Innerflight’s newest Left Coast Sampler, our most adventurous compilation yet. The 2012 installment is overflowing with dynamic and diverse talent and has frequencies for everyone. From Los Angeles to British Columbia, these West Coast producers are shaping the sounds to come from speaker boxes near you!
1) The Lookout - Dub embraces step in this half-time groove from Portland’s Halo Refuser that plays on opposites to create a futuristic yet soulful atmosphere. Warm horns and lush dub permeates the depth of outer space in this fluid yet energetic popper’s delight.
2) Mercury Rising - A staple of the Reno house music scene, DJ Sulli heats up the sampler with a clever throwback to the best sounds in both stadium rock and underground raves. This stripped down and chopped up tech-house stomper champions a classic, old-school, warehouse feel, sure to make dancefloor temperatures rise and WILL rock you.
3) Keep It Round - West coast producers from opposite ends of the Pacific come together on this simultaneously eerie and irresistible full circle voyage into deeper dimensions. LA legend [a]pendics.shuffle goes seamlessly from dark and brooding to heartachingly twinkly and back in his reworking of Vancouver BC's Longwalkshortdock. You can check out other mixes of this track on the “Keep It Round Remixes” release out on East Van Digital (http://www.eastvandigital.com/)
4) Magic Spell - Seattle techno sorcerer, Spon.10.80 (aka Innerflight resident DJ Rhines), expertly blends up a potent elixir of progressive techno with a steady dose of relentless momentum in his sonic cauldron and lets it simmer. The effects of his potion? A smoldering dancefloor rife with magic.
5) For My Electric Sheep - This dystopian lullaby combines a plucked synth, a glitching heartbeat, skittering rhythms, a ridiculously funky bassline and a poignant melody to create a focused fusion of the robotic and the sentient.
6) Sentimentalist Acid - Throbbing synths play off warm pads and a subtle kick drum in this love song to acid from Santa Cruz's Stridah that both waxes nostalgic and traverses uncharted territory. As with the best cosmic voyages, the acid creeps in delicately at first, flourishing into a deliciously intense climax.
7) Subterranean Crystal City - Brian Oblivion, the alter ego of Innerflight’s DJ Manos, breaks ground on his production career with a spelunking expedition into a glowing cave of reverberation, dripping with glitch and rumbling bass.